Monday, March 11, 2024

Love Story 2024 #6

 

Step #2 ~ Vocabulary Check


Sounds good now…

(Change picture #3)

A quick vocabulary check…

Now… Some are old and some are new…

1.     First …#1, & #2, please

#1 ~ “Watashitachi, kono goro amari awanai ne” ~

*Recently, we don’t see each other very often.

*Recently, we don’t see each other so often.

*Recently, we don’t meet each other so often.

*Recently, we haven’t met each other so often.

#2 ~ “Saikin, watashitachi wa izen hodo dekakenakunatta” ~

*Recently, we don’t go out as often as we used to

*Recently, we don’t go out as much as we used to

*Recently, we don’t go out as much as before

*Recently, we haven’t gone

(If neededPlease make a note)

 

Sounds good now…

One second…A quick question…

2.     What IS something you don’t do as much as before and why?

(+ an additional question or 2if possible)

*I don’t walk as often as before

*I don’t read aloud as often as before

*I don’t read books as often as I used

*I don’t eat out with my mother as much as before

 

Ok ….

(Change picture #7)

Sounds good now…

3.     How about…#3, & #4, please

#3 ~ “Denwa bango wo oshiete kureru” ~

*Would you tell me your phone number?

*Could you tell me your phone number?

*May I have your phone number?

#4 ~ “Doushite denwa wo kurenai no?” ~

*Why don’t you call me?

“Doushite izen hodo denwa shite kurenai no?” ~

*Why don’t you call me as much as you used to?

*Why don’t you call me as often as you used to?

(If neededPlease make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Here are another 2 new ones….

4.     #5, & #6, please

#5 ~ “Me-ru wo okutte mo ii?” ~

*Can I send you an e-mail?

*Can I mail you?

*May I send you a mail?

#6 ~ “Me-ru no henji wo matteita yo” ~

*I’ve been waiting to hear back from you

*I’ve been waiting for your reply

*I’ve been waiting for you to reply to my e-mail

*I’ve been waiting for you to answer my e-mail

*I was waiting for you to answer my e-mail

*I’ve been waiting for your mail

(If neededPlease make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Next…

5.     #7, & #8, please

#7 ~ “Dareka to tsukiatteimsu ka?” ~

#1 ~ Are you seeing anyone?

#2 ~ Are you going out with anyone?

#3 ~ Are you dating anyone?

Or

#1 ~ Are you seeing someone?

#2 ~ Are you going out with someone?

#3 ~ Are you dating someone?

#8 ~ “Hoka no hito to tsukiateiru no?” ~

*Are you seeing someone else?

*Are you seeing another person?

*Are you seeing another girl?

*Are you seeing anyone else?

(If neededPlease make a note)

 

Alright….

Sounds good now…

The next 2, please….

6.     #9, & #10, please

#9 ~ “Doushite sonna fu ni omoun da yo?” ~

*Why do you think so?

*Why do you think that?

*Why do you think way?

*Why do you think like that?

#10 ~ “Doushite sonna ni wagamama nanda yo” ~

*Why are you so selfish?

*How can you be so selfish?

(If neededPlease make a note)

 

Alright….

Just 2 more sets of questions...

7.     #11, & #12, please

#11 ~ “Chotto matte kudasai” ~

*Just a moment?

*Just a second?

*Just a minute?

#12 ~ “Chotto ii ka?” ~

*Do you have a moment?

*Do you have a second?

*Do you have a minute?

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok …

Sounds good…and…

The last 2, please….

8.     #13, #14, & #15, please

#13 ~ “Tomawari iu no ha yamete kudassai” ~

*Don’t beat around the bush

#14 ~ “Tada yaru dake” ~

*Just do it….

#15 ~ “Hakkiri itte yo” ~

*Just say it

(If neededPlease make a note)

Step #6 ~ Worksheet

 


Step #6 ~ Worksheet

 

Sounds good now…

We have a few more to check…

Please turn your papers over and…

1.     What does it say on top…Please read…

それぞれの状況を描写する文を完成しなさい。

 

Ok now…

2.     Please read the example…

She told him to lock the door.

 

Alright now…

#1, please…

1.     A:  Why don’t you come with us to Disneyland?

B:  Wow!  Thanks.

They invited….

They invited him to go to Disneyland.

They invited him to Disneyland.

They invited him to go to Disneyland with them

 

Sounds good now…

#2, please…

2.     A:  Could I please use your phone?

B:  No, you can’t.

She wouldn’t….

She wouldn’t let him use her phone.

She wouldn’t allow him use her phone.

 

Sounds good now…

#3, please…

3.     A:  Be careful on your way to school.

B:  Ok, mom….I will

She warned…

She warned him to be careful.

She warned him to be careful on the way to school

She warned him to be careful on his way to school

She warned him to be careful on my way to school

 

Ok now…

Just a few more…

#4, please…

4.     A:  Can you give me a hand with this English, please?

B:  Ok, sure….

She asked….

She asked him to give her a hand

She asked him to give her a hand with this English

She asked him to help her with her English

She asked him to help her with English

She asked me to help her with her English

 

Sounds good and…

(Different pattern from the rest)

#5, please…

5.     A:  If you need some money, I can lend you some

B:  Thanks

He offered…

He offered to lend him some money

He offered to lend me some money

He offered to lend his friend some money

He offered to lend him some money if he needed it

 

Sounds good and…

The last one….

#6, please…

6.     A:  You haven’t finished your homework yet?

Do IT RIGHT NOW!

B:  Ok, OK…I will…

She ordered…

She ordered him to do his homework

She ordered him to do his homework now

She ordered him to do his homework right now

She ordered him to finish his homework right now

She ordered me to finish his homework right now

She ordered me to finish my homework right now

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #11

    Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~25 + for this section ) Alright…. Sounds good now… A quick vocabulary check… Now…We saw t...