Monday, March 4, 2024

Love Story 2024 #5

               Step #2 ~ Vocabulary Check

 


Sounds good now…

(Change picture #5)

A quick vocabulary check…

Now… Some are old and some are new…

1.     First …#1, & #2, please

#1 ~ “Donna taipu no hito ga suki?” ~

*What kind of person do you like?

*What type of person do you like?

*What sort of person do you like?

#2 ~ “Rukusu ga ii dansei ga suki da wa!” ~

*I like good-looking men

*I like good-looking guys

*I like handsome men

*I like men who are good looking

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Ok ….

Sounds good now…

2.     How about…#3, & #4, please

#3 ~ “Okane mochi no dansei ga ii wa ne” ~

*I like rich men

*I like a man with money

*I prefer rich men

*I like men who are rich

#4 ~ “Kare, yofuku no sensu ga batsugun da yo”~

*He has very good taste in clothes

*He has a great sense of fashion

*He has good clothes

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Here are another 2 new ones….

3.     #5, & #6, please

#5 ~ “Kare ni kanojyo ga iru ka dou ka shitteiru” ~

*Do you know if he has a girlfriend or not?

*Do you know whether he has a girlfriend or not?

#6 ~ “Kare wo de-to ni sasoitai” ~

*I want to ask him out

*I want to ask him out on a date

*I would like to ask him to go out on a date

*I would like to invite him out on a date

“ii ne…Sasotte miro yo!”

*Sounds good.  Ask him out and see

*Sounds good.  Try and see

*Sounds good.  Go for it!

*Sounds good.  You should ask him out

*Sounds good.  Why don’t you?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Next…

4.     #7, & #8, please

#7 ~ “Me-ru wo okutte mo ii?” ~

*Can I send you an e-mail?

*Can I mail you?

#8 ~ “Denwa bango wo oshiete kureru” ~

*Would you tell me your phone number?

*Could you tell me your phone number?

*May I have your phone number?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….

Sounds good now…

The next 2, please….

5.     #9, & #10, please

#9 ~ “Yushoku wo gochisou sasete yo” ~

*Could I buy you dinner?

*Let me buy you dinner?

*Let me buy your drink.

#10 ~ “Mae ni atta koto ga aru ka na?” ~

*Have we met before?

*Have we met?

*Have I met you before?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….

Just 2 more sets of questions...

6.     #11, & #12, please

#11 ~ “Kono mise ni ha yoku kuru no?” ~

*Do you come here often?

*Do you often come here?

*Do you often come to this shop?

#12 ~ “Mae nimo nankaika kita koto ga aru wa” ~

*I’ve been here a few times before.

*I’ve been here a couple of times before.

*I’ve come here a few times before

*I’ve come here a couple of times before

*I’ve been here several times before

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok …

Sounds good…and…

The last 2, please….

7.     #13, & #14, please

#13 ~ “Hanashi ga dekite tanoshikatta wa” ~

*It was very nice talking to you

*I enjoyed talking with you

*It was fun talking with you

*It was a pleasure talking with you

*I was fun …

#14 ~ “Chikai uchi ni mata aeru?” ~

*Can I see you again sometime soon?

*Can I meet you again sometime soon?

*Could I see you again sometime soon?

*Can we see each other again sometime soon?

*I’d like to see you again sometime soon

*Can you meet me again sometime soon

*Can we meet again in the near future?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Step #6 ~ Want vs Would Worksheet

 


Sounds good now…

We have a few more to check…

(Have a student read the directions)

Please turn your papers over and…

1.     What does it say on top…Please read…

 

Ok now…

(Change picture #14)

(Have a student read the directions)

2.     Please read the example…

Do you want to go alone, or do you want me to come with you.

 

Alright now…

(Change picture #14)

#1, please…

1.     I’m sorry he is in a meeting right now.

Would you like me to take a message?

Would you like me to take a message for you?

Would you like me to call you?

Would you like me to get him to call you?

 

Sounds good now…

#2, please…

2.     It’s raining cats and dogs outside.

Would you like me to pick you up?

Would you like me to call you a taxi?

Would you like me to call you an Uber?

Would you like me to bring an umbrella?

Would you like me to take you an umbrella?

 

Sounds good now…

#3, please…

3.     The kids are supposed to finish school early today,

Do you want me to pick them up?

Do you want me to pick them up from school?

     Do you want me to call them a taxi?


Ok now…

Just a few more…

#4, please…

4.     I am going to pass by the grocery store on my way home.

 Do you want me to get anything?

Do you want me to get something?

 

Sounds good now…

#5, please…

5.     I was going to deliver it in the morning, or

Would you like me to bring it tonight?

Would you like me to bring it after?

Would you like me to bring it later?

Would you like me to bring it another day?

Would you like me to bring it another time?

 

Alright and finally the last one…

#6 & #7, please…

6.     I’m sorry you aren’t happy with the product

would you like me to send you a new one?

would you like me to send you another one?

Or

would you like me to refund your money?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #11

    Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~25 + for this section ) Alright…. Sounds good now… A quick vocabulary check… Now…We saw t...