Thursday, August 13, 2020

“not as….as …(~ほど) (…でわない)” ~ Part #1

I hope you have all been enjoying your summer vacation.

In just a few days classes will start again and we are looking forward to hearing about what you all did during the holiday.

 

Since class will start again in a few days, I am going to post some notes and IF YOU HAVE TIME…please take a look at them…

 

OK now…

Before the holiday we took a look at this grammar point….




Step #2 ~ Grammar Check

(2 ~ 4 minutes for this section)

Alright ….

Sounds good now…

(Change picture #19)

How about this one….

Please read….

#1 ~ “not as….as …(~hodo) (dewa nai)”

 

Alright and…

We have 2 patterns…please read them…

#1 ~ NOT as Keiyoushi as meishi

#2 ~ NOT as Keiyoushi as idiom

(Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now…

Please read #1 & #2

#1 ~ Chris isn’t as old as he looks.

#2 ~ I didn’t do as well on the exam as I had hoped.

 

Sounds good now…

Please read #3 & #4

#3 ~ “The weather is better today, isn’t it?”  “Yes, it’s not as humid.”

#4 ~ I don’t know as many words as you do.

 

A quick check…

Do you remember ….

 What is “itsumo no you ni”….in English, please…

#1 ~ As ever ~ itsumo no you ni

#2 ~ As usual ~ itsumo no you ni

(Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now…

(Change picture #23)

Please read the last one… #5, please

#5 ~ Tokyu wasn’t as crowded as usual.

 


Step #3 ~ Worksheet

(5 ~ 6 minutes for this section)

Alright now… Please turn your papers over and…

Please read the Japanese

As…as….. wo tsukate, onaji imi wo arawasu bun wo kansen shinasai….

 

Sounds good now…

(Change picture #25)

Please read the first example….

1.     I’m pretty tall, but you are taller.

*I’m not as tall as you.

 

2.     My salary is high, but yours is higher.

*My salary isn’t as high as yours.

*My salary isn’t as high as your salary.

 

3.     Vancouver is cold, but Nagano is much colder.

*Vancouver isn’t as cold as Nagano.

 

Alright now….

#4, please….

4.     Delicia is really cheap, but Seiyu is a bit cheaper.

*Delicia isn’t as cheap as Seiyu.

 

Sounds good now…#5, please….

5.     I still feel a little blue, but I felt a lot worse yesterday.

*I don’t feel as bad as yesterday.

*I don’t feel as blue as yesterday.

 

OK now…

Next one, please….

6.     They have lived here for quite a while, but I’ve lived here longer.

*They haven’t lived here as long as me.

*They haven’t lived here as long as I have.

*They haven’t lived as long as me.

*They haven’t lived as long as I have.

 

Sounds good now…

Next one, please….

7.     I was a little nervous during the interview, but usually I am a lot more nervous

*I wasn’t as nervous as usual.

*I wasn’t as nervous as I usually am.

 

Alright…. now….

The last one is a bit tough….

8.     You know a lot about Zenkoji, but I know more.

*You don’t know as much as me.

*You don’t know as much about Zenkoji as me.

*You don’t know as much about Zenkoji as I do.

*You don’t know about Zenkoji as well as I do.

*You don’t know about Zenkoji as much as I do.

 

Alright now…

(Change picture #50)

Please make 1 sentence on your own…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #13 ~ Vocabulary Review + Grammar

  Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~ 25 + for this section ) Sounds good now… Next, I want to do a quick vocabulary check… And…The ...