Thursday, April 4, 2024

Love Story 2024 #9

 

 

Step #2 ~ Vocabulary Check

(20 ~25 + for this section)


Sounds good now…

A quick vocabulary check…

Some are old and some are new…

1.     First …#1, #2, & #3, please

#1 ~ #1 ~ “~izen hodo ~shinai” ~

          We don’t_____ as much as we used to

    #2 ~ “izen hodo ~hinpan ni shinai” ~ 

          We don’t_____ as often as we used to

#3 ~ “mae hodo ~shinai” ~

     We don’t_____ as much as before

#2 ~ “~mo shinai” ~ We don’t ___ anymore

#3 ~ “izen no you ni…” ~ like we used to

like we used to do

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Ok ….

Sounds good now….

We saw these ones all last week….

2.     #4, #5, #6, #7, & #8, please

#4 ~ “honmei no hito” ~ the one

#5 ~ “Sakki kiita” ~ I just heard

#6 ~ “Anata wa honmei no hito wo mitsuketa, te sakki kiita yo” ~

*I just heard you found the one

*I just heard you found the person

#7 ~ “Anata ga sagashiteita honmei no hito…” ~

*the one you’ve been looking for

*the one you were looking for

*the one who you were looking for

*the one you had been looking for

#8 ~ “Anata ga sagashiteita honmei no hito wo mitsuketa, te

sakki kiita yo” ~

*I just heard you found the one you’ve been looking for

*I just heard you found the one who you have been looking for

*I just heard you found the person you’ve been looking for

*I just heard you found the one you were looking for

*I just heard you found the one that you were looking for

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

OK…Now…

If you met someone…

3.     How WOULD you know if that person WERE the one?

(Your true love)

*It is just a feeling

*If my heart is pounding….he is the one

*If my instincts say he is the one then he is the one

*Their way of thinking is similar and I can respect his way of thinking

 

Alright…. Sounds good now…

We go back and …

The next 3, please….

4.     #9, #10, & #11, please

#9 ~ “~negau / ~dattara ii na” ~

*I wish

#10 ~ “~shitteitara dore hodo yokatta darou” ~

*I wish I had known

*I wish I had known that

*I wish I had known + bun

*I wish I had known + meishi

*I wish I knew

#11 ~ “Sore ga boku de nai to shitteitara dore hodo yokatta darou” ~

*I wish I had known it wasn’t me

*I wish I had known it was not me

*I wish I had known that it was not me

*I wish I would have known that it wasn’t me

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok now…

(Change picture #13)

How about Shohei…

5.     What DOES he wish he had known?

#1 ~ He wishes he had known….

*He wishes he had known his interpreter was stealing

*He wishes he had known his interpreter was stealing money

*He wishes he had known his interpreter was stealing money from him

*He wishes he had known his interpreter was stealing his money

*He wishes Ippei hadn’t stolen his money

*He wishes he had known his interpreter was withdrawing his money

*He wishes he had known his interpreter liked gambling

 

How about Mizuhara…then…

(Change picture #15)

What do you think?

6.     What DOES he wish he hadn’t done?

#1 ~ He wishes he hadn’t….

*He wishes he hadn’t gambled

*He wishes he hadn’t bet on sports games

*He wishes he hadn’t met that bookmaker

*He wishes he hadn’t stolen money from Ohtani

*He wishes he hadn’t been caught

 

And….

How about the girl from our story…

7.     What DOES she wish she had known?

#1 ~ She wishes she had known….

*She wishes she had known he was cheating

*She wishes she had known he was cheating on her

*She wishes she had known he was cheating on her with another girl

*She wishes she had known he had cheated

 

The next 3, please….

8.     #12, #13, & #14, please

#12 ~ “Kare wa mada mae no kanojyo to tsukitateiru to omou” ~

*I think he is still seeing his ex-girlfriend

*I think he is still going out with his ex-girlfriend

#13 ~ “Kare wo norikoirarenai” ~ I can’t get over him

#14 ~ “Saki ni susumenai” ~ I can’t move on

(If needed: Please make a note)



Alright now…

Please turn your papers over and…

10.#15, #16, & #17, please

How about the next 2

#15 ~ “Kare wa mae no kanojyo no koto ga wasurerarenai to omou” ~

*I think he can’t forget his ex-girlfriend

#16 ~ “Anata wo atama kara hanarerarenai” ~

*I can’t get you out of my mind

#17 ~ “Doushitara kare wo norikoiraremasu ka?” ~

*How can I get over him?

*How could I get over him?

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok now…

Hoshino broke up with her boyfriend

And…to get over him…

11.What WOULD you recommend that she do?

(+ an additional question or 2if possible)

*I would recommend that she travel abroad

It will help get him out of her mind

*I would recommend that she go on a trip

*I would recommend that she go out with her friends

*I would recommend that she find a boyfriend

*I would recommend that she exercise

*I would recommend that she sing Nakajima Miyuki songs

*I would recommend that she eat a lot of delicious food

*I would recommend that she work hard and forget him

*Work harder than before and try to forget him

*Try not to think about him

*Try to make yourself so busy that you don’t have time to think about him

 

Alright now…

How about a song…?

(Change picture #28)

12.This one in English, please…

#1 ~ “Sono uta wo atama kara hanarerarenai” ~

*I can’t get that song out of my head

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok now…

How about you…?

13.IS there a song that you can’t get out of your head?

(+ an additional question or 2if possible)

*I can’t get the song out of my head

*I can’t get songs from commercials out of my head

 *Songs that I hear in the morning…play in my head all day


Sounds good now…

(Change picture #32)

We go back to our vocabulary check….and….

How about these next ones…

14.#18 ~ “~nanoni” ~ even though

#19 ~ “~shite mo” ~ even if

#20 ~ “~ato demo / sono ato mo” ~ even after

#21 ~ “Konnani jikan ga tatta atto mo” ~ Even after all this time…

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

OK now…

15.Please make 1 sentence…

#1 ~ Even after all this time

(+ an additional question or 2if possible)

*Even after all this time, I haven’t finished my homework

*Even after all this time, I still love my husband

*Even after all this time, I still remember my mother

*Even after all this time, I can’t forget my ex-boyfriend

*Even after all this time, I remember the taste of cherry pie

*Even after all this time, I remember my first love

*Even after all this time, I can’t forget the images of the tsunami after the Higashi Nihon Earthquake

 

OK now...

Only 2 more sections to go….

16.#22, #23, #24, & #25, please

For our last section…

#22 ~ “mada ~ka na to omou” ~ I still wonder

#23 ~ “Nande watashi wa saki ni susumenai” ~ Why can’t I move on?

#24 ~ “Nande watashi wa saki ni susumenai ka na to imada ni omou” ~

*I still wonder why I can’t move on

#25 ~ “Konnani jikan ga tatta atto mo, nande watashi wa saki ni susumenai ka na to imada ni omou” ~

*Even after all this time, I still wonder why I can’t move on

*I still wonder why I can’t move on, even after all this time

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Sounds good …now…

The last section….

17.#26, #27, & #28, please

How about these last 3

#26 ~ “Masa nis ono tori” ~ Just the way

#27 ~ “Anata wa kantan ni yarimashita” ~ You did it so easily

You did it easily

#28 ~ “Anata ga kantan ni yatta mitai ni” ~ Just the way you did so easily

Just the way you did it so easily

(If needed: Please make a note)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #11

    Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~25 + for this section ) Alright…. Sounds good now… A quick vocabulary check… Now…We saw t...