Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Love Story 2024 #2

 

Week #2 ~Love Story 2024

 

Step #2 ~ Vocabulary Check



Sounds good now…

First we have a quick vocabulary check…

And…some are old and some are new…

1.     First …#1, #2, & #3, please

#1 ~ “Koi ni ochiru” ~ fall in love

#2 ~ “Anata wo ai shiteimasu” ~ I love you

            *I am in love with you

#3 ~ “Zutto mae kara anata ga suki datta” ~

*I’ve been in love with you for a long time

*I’ve loved you for a long time

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Ok ….

Sounds good now…

2.     How about… #4, & #5, please

#4 ~ “Doushite motto hayaku itte kurenakatta no?” ~

*Why didn’t you tell me sooner?

*Why didn’t you tell me earlier?

*Why didn’t you say so earlier?

*Why didn’t you say “earlier?”

 

#5 ~ “Anata no subete ga daisuki” ~

*I love everything about you

*I love your everything

*I love all of you

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

We saw these next 2, last week

3.     #6, & #7, please

#6 ~ “tsukiatteiru” ~#1 ~ going out

going out with

                                        #2 ~ seeing

                                                See out

                                         #3 ~ dating

#7 ~ “Dareka to tsukiatteimsu ka?” ~

#1 ~ Are you seeing anyone?

#2 ~ Are you going out with anyone?

#3 ~ Are you dating anyone?

Or

#1 ~ Are you seeing someone?

#2 ~ Are you going out with someone?

#3 ~ Are you dating someone?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….

Sounds good now…

We also saw these 2 last week…

4.     #8, & #9, please

#8 ~ “Ima wa daretomo tsukiateinai ~

#1 ~ I’m not seeing anyone right now

#2 ~ I’m not going out with anyone right now

#3 ~ I’m not dating anyone now

#9 ~ “Tsukiaitai hito wa iru? (kyoumi aru hito iru?)” ~

#1 ~ Is there anyone you’re interested in?

#2 ~ Is there anyone that you’re interested in?

Are you interested in anyone?

Is there anyone that you want to go out with?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….Now…

Just a few more...

5.     #10, #11, & #12, please

#10 ~ “Anata no koto wo motto shiritai” ~

*I want to know more about you?

#11 ~ “Anata no koto wo subete shiritai” ~

* I want to know everything about you?

*I want to know all of you

#12 ~ “Anata ni aete hontou ni yokatta” ~

*I’m really glad I met you

*I’m really glad to have met you

*It was nice to meet you

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Ok …

Sounds good…and…

6.     The last 3, please….

#13 ~ “Wakareru” ~ break up

break up with

break out

break down

break off ~~~~

break off an engagement

#14 ~ “Mae no kare to wa, shibaraku mae ni wakareta” ~

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend a little while ago

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend a while ago

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend some time ago

*I broke up my ex-boyfriend

*I broke up my ex-boyfriend several times

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend for a while

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend for a little while

*I broke up with my ex-boyfriend for a little while before

#15 ~ “Kare, isogashiku de-to suru jikan mo nakatta” ~

*He was so busy and had no time to see me.

*He was so busy that we couldn’t date

*He was too busy to go out with me

*He was busy and didn’t have time to date

*He was busy and so we didn’t have time to date

*He was busy and he didn’t have enough time to see me

*He was busy and he didn’t have much time to date

*He was busy that he didn’t have time for me

(If needed:  Please make a note)


Step #6 ~ Let vs Make Questions

Sounds good now…

Let’s try just a few questions and see how you do…

1.     John's mother used to make him clean up his room.


2.     The teacher doesn't let her students use their mobile phones in class.


3.      Julie's father doesn't let her use his car.

4.      Because I kept getting bad scores, my parents made me go to a cram school.


5.      The policeman made the teenagers pick up all the garbage that they had thrown on       the ground.


6.      My mother never lets me stay up late to watch Youtube.

 

7.     The comedian really made us laugh last night.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #11

    Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~25 + for this section ) Alright…. Sounds good now… A quick vocabulary check… Now…We saw t...