Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Love Story 2024 #4

 Step #2 ~ Vocabulary Check

(7 ~ 8  minutes + for this section)


Sounds good now…

A quick vocabulary check…


Now again … Some are old and some are new…

1.     First …#1, & #2, please

#1 ~ “Watashitachi, aishou ga pittari da to omou no.” ~

*I think we are a perfect match.

*I think we suit each other

*I think we match each other perfectly

#2 ~ “Konna kimochi ni natta no wa hajimete yo” ~

*I’ve never felt this way before

*I’ve never these kind of feelings before

*I’ve never had such feelings

*This is the first time I’ve had this kind of feelings

*I’ve never felt like this before

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Ok ….

Sounds good now…

2.     How about…#3, & #4, please

#3 ~ “Zutto mae kara anata ga suki datta” ~

*I’ve been in love with you for a long time

*I’ve loved you for a long time

*I’ve loved you before

#4 ~ “Zutto anata no soba ni itai n da” ~

*I want to be at your side forever

*I want to by your side forever

*I want to be next to you forever

*I want to be with you forever

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Here are another 2 new ones….

3.     #5, & #6, please

#5 ~ “Sore, ai no kokuhaku na no? ~

*Are you saying you love me?

*Are you saying that you love me?

*Are you telling me you love me?

*Are you professing your love for me?

#6 ~ “Donna taipu no hito ga suki?” ~

*What kind of person do you like?

*What type of person do you like?

*What sort of person do you like?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Sounds good now….

Next…

4.     #7, & #8, please

#7 ~ “Nomimono wo gochisou sasete yo” ~

*Could I buy you a drink?

*Let me buy you a drink.

*Let me buy you something to drink

*Let me buy your drink.

#8 ~ “Kono mise ni ha yoku kuru no?” ~

*Do you come here often?

*Do you often come here?

*Do you often come to this shop?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….

Sounds good now…

We also saw these 2 last week…

5.     #9, & #10, please

#9 ~ “Denwa bango wo oshiete kureru” ~

*Would you tell me your phone number?

*Could you tell me your phone number?

#10 ~ “Mae ni atta koto ga aru ka na?” ~

*Have we met before?

*Have we met?

*Have I met you before?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Alright….Now…

Just a few more...

6.     #11, & #12, please

#11 ~ “Kare wo shokai shite kureru?” ~

*Would you introduce him to me?

*Would you mind introducing him to me?

*Can you introduce him to me?

#12 ~ “Kare wo de-to ni sasoitai” ~

*I want to ask him out

*I want to ask him out on a date

*I would like to ask him to go out on a date

*I would like to invite him out on a date

(If needed: Please make a note)

 

Ok …

Sounds good…and…

The last 2, please….

7.     #13, & #14, please

#13 ~ “Hanashi ga dekite tanoshikatta wa” ~

*It was very nice talking to you

*I enjoyed talking with you

*It was fun talking with you

*It was a pleasure talking with you

#14 ~ “Chikai uchi ni mata aeru?” ~

*Can I see you again sometime soon?

*Can I meet you again sometime soon?

*Could I see you again sometime soon?

*Can we see each other again sometime soon?

*I’d like to see you again sometime soon

*Can you meet me again sometime soon

*Can we meet again in the near future?

(If needed:  Please make a note)

 

Step #6 ~ Let vs Make Worksheet

 

Sounds good now…


We have a few more to check…

Please turn your papers over and…

What does it say on top…Please read…

Alright now…

#1, please…

1.     Do you want to go out for dinner tonight,

or do you want me to make dinner?

do you want me to make something for dinner?

 

Sounds good now…

#2, please…

2.     Do you have enough money,

or do you want me to lend you some?

 

Alright now…

#3, please…

3.     Should I leave the window open,

or would you like me to close it?

 

Sounds good now…

#4, please…

4.     Do you know how to use the photocopier,

or would you like me to show you?

would you like me to show you how to use it?

 

Ok now…

Just a few more…

#5, please…

5.     Did you understand what I said,

or do you want me to repeat it?

 

Sounds good now…

#6, please…

6.     Can you still come in tomorrow,

or would you like me to reschedule?

would you like me to reschedule your appointment?

 

Alright and finally the last one…

#7, please…

7.     Are you feeling OK,

or would you like me to call the doctor.

would you like me to call a doctor.

would you like me to call the hospital

would you like me to call an ambulance.

would you like me to call you an ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Story 2024 #11

    Step # 2 ~ Vocabulary Check ( 20 ~25 + for this section ) Alright…. Sounds good now… A quick vocabulary check… Now…We saw t...